Full Time Position Now Available
Information International Associates, Inc. (IIa), a small, woman-owned business headquartered in Oak Ridge, TN, is seeking applicants for the Technical Services Librarian Full Time position at the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Phillips Research Site (PRS) Technical Library located at Kirtland AFB, in Albuquerque New Mexico. Hours of operation are 7:30-4:30, Monday –Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees and executes technical services operations ensuring that materials are acquired and cataloged promptly, payments processed, and materials rapidly processed for collection integration.
· Responsible for copy and original cataloging, classification and processing of all library materials in a variety of formats using an online cataloging program.
· Corrects and resolves problems with bibliographic records and holdings entries in the integrated library system.
· Participates in the upgrading and maintenance of library database systems, specifically cataloging and serials modules.
· Coordinates the acquisition, licensing, management, and renewal of the electronic subscriptions and products including the review of contracts and licensing agreements, activation of electronic subscriptions, online registration, and problem solving of electronic subscription access.
· Responsible for processing requisitions for purchase of print materials, online resources, software, maintenance agreements, and other library supplies/materials.
· Maintains current budget status for various organizational budget lines. Assists the Library Manager in preparing various budget reports including annual budget recommendations.
· Provides scheduled daily reference desk assistance in conjunction with the User Services Librarian and the Library Manager.
· Provides database literature searching as needed in commercial and governmental database in the absence of the User Services Librarian.
· Provides statistical/financial/
· Participates in professional and staff development activities and keeps current on emerging trends in the LIS field, including reading professional journals, attending workshops and conferences, and subscribing to appropriate listservs.
· Assists in library planning and decision making by serving on committees and attending regularly scheduled meetings such as the Library Outreach Group.
· Performs related duties as required.
- Master’s degree in library and information science from an A.L.A. accredited program.
- Minimum of three years professional experience with acquisitions, cataloging and/or automated library systems.
- Familiarity with cataloging policies, procedures, and software (e.g. AACR2, LLCH, MARC, OCLC) .
- Ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of staff and library patrons.
- Ability to think analytically, suggest and develop or revise procedures and workflow .
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to and record of strong customer service.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- SIRSI Unicorn experience desired.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
To apply online, go to www.iiaweb.com, and click on “Careers”