GALEN COLLEGE OF NURSING seeks qualified, reliable, and tech-savvy Library Assistant for its Cincinnati, OH campus. This position requires 20 hrs per week, Monday -Friday. Some flexibility in hours will occasionally be required. This is an excellent opportunity for a LIS student, who will be called upon to perform a wide range of library duties with minimal supervision. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting students in selection and check-out of circulation books, as well as selection of hard-copy periodicals and on-site reference materials;
- Assisting students in using Galen’s research databases and website;
- Fielding general reference questions and conducting reference interviews;
- Assisting students of varying technical skill in the use and operation of Windows computer workstations, MS Office, and internet navigation;
- Monitoring computer workstations, networked printer, and other library equipment;
- Providing guidance to students in finding and using internet resources appropriate for scholarly research (information literacy);
- Cataloging and web design experience (or a willingness to learn these skills) is a plus.
Galen, which also has campuses in Florida, Texas, and Kentucky is focused solely on nursing education. Since 1990, Galen has graduated more than 7,000 and is one of the largest private nursing Colleges in the United States.
Please submit a cover letter and resume/CV to: HR, c/o Galen College of Nursing, 1031 Zorn Avenue, Suite 400, Louisville, Kentucky 40207 or email email@example.com or fax to 502.568.1271.