CNN DC News Library Internship
Applications are due by March 29, 2009.
To apply go to www.turnerjobs.com and apply for Job # 110878BR
Summer 2009 Intern – Tape Library (DC)Turner Broadcasting/CNN News Library 820 First Street, NEWashington, D.C. 20002
Please Note: Internships are UNPAID and structured to last approximately 12 weeks for a minimum of 21 hours/week (3 full days). Resume and cover letter are required for application. Please include days/hours of availability in your cover letter. Students should have a strong academic record. Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to arrival if accepted to the program. Only student visas J1 or F1 visas will be accepted.
Internship Description: The Library provides video and information research to support CNN's Washington DC Bureau. It functions as both a video archive and a research library.
The library internship will be filled with a student pursuing a Master of Library Science (MLS) degree. The internship will provide a great opportunity to learn various aspects of librarianship and television production in CNN's fast-paced library. In the CNN library internship, interns will:
* Learn how to complete information requests for library patrons through internet and database research.
* Learn how to complete video requests for library patrons by searching the library’s catalog.
* Create library records for archived tapes and appropriately index the records for
* Contribute ideas and compile content for the DC Bureau's Library intranet site.
* Develop an instructional classes for the bureau.
* Create research guides and pathfinders to market the library’s resources.
Qualifications: In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred. Candidates should have an interest in variety of areas including news librarianship and research and should be an organized self-starter. Interns should have the ability to make decisions, and accept others decisions, and be able to work well with a team of librarians and fellow interns.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers