Monday, November 10, 2008

ALA Opportunity

ALA Presidential Candidate seeking student to assist in campaign:


A SLIS student(s) proficient in social networking on the Web with an interest in learning more about the American Library Association. The individual(s) would work with me on devising and implementing strategies for using Facebook (and other social networking means) to reach out effectively broadly and deeply within ALA with information about my campaign...my platform and what I would bring to the
presidency.

I also need assistance in making contacts with ALA chapters in the states, including and especially the student chapters, to find out the most effective way to deliver information to them and the form and content of messages that resonate with this audience.

What would the individual working with me gain from the experience? ALA is very large and complex. They would learn about the organization, how to navigate it and who the key individuals are in it. Should I be elected, I would ensure they had a role in ALA that would give them visibility and the opportunity to enhance their careers.

Roberta A. Stevens
Outreach Projects and Partnerships Officer Library of Congress =20
Development Office
101 Independence Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20540-1400
(202) 707-1550 (Phone)
(202) 707-0312 (Fax)
rste@loc.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment