The South Carolina State Library is looking for an intern for Fall 2008 to work on a web site audit project for DISCUS.
- 135 contact hours - schedule TBD
- Location/work area TBD
- Can use visitor parking
- Use blogging software for journal of activities
- Curtis Rogers will handle overall paperwork/administrative activities
- Amy Duernberger will work directly with intern on learning objectives
DISCUS Internship Objectives - Web site audit project
1. Review and update the previously completed audit of public library Web pages to check for effective and complete linking to all DISCUS provided databases.
2. Create and conduct an audit of institutions of higher education to check for effective and complete linking to all DISCUS provided databases.
3. Work with DISCUS staff to create an effective means of notifying and collaborating with libraries to enhance or make corrections in their linking to DISCUS databases.
The overall goal of this project is to assist libraries in their implementations of DISCUS so that their patrons' ability to be aware of, easily locate and effectively use the DISCUS databases is greatly improved. The results would be increased database usage statewide (as shown by usage reports) and enhanced knowledge of the great resources provided to by DISCUS/the State Library.
Student intern will work very closely with DISCUS contacts and State Library DISCUS staff.