Tuesday, April 8, 2008

MId-Atlantic Digital Library Conference panel proposal

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Mark Sgambettera and I am a student at Queens College GSLIS. I would appreciate it very much if you could post this call of proposal on your academic listserv. I am looking for panel participants from among GSLIS students or recent graduates.

Thank you for your consideration.

Mark Sgambettera

Call for proposal:

Digital Reference Services: Reconfiguring Library and Archival Instruction on the World Wide Web

Conference and date: Mid-Atlantic Digital Library Conference, Bucknell University Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, July 9, 2008

I am looking for panel participants who are interested in digital reference services in libraries and archives, and who are either advanced students or recent graduates of an MLS program.

The panel will concentrate on interactive, self-guided reference services that provide library or archival instruction to users through a repository Web portal. This panel will demonstrate design trends in digital reference services devoted to user instruction, identify state-of-the-art online tutorials, and offer case studies or surveys of patrons experience using online instructional modules. For example, my paper will focus on self-guided archival instruction modules and other digital reference resources provided through archival repository websites.

I am particularly interested in highlighting multimedia instructional modules and organizing a panel presentation that offers multimedia design components.

If you are interested in collaborating, please contact me at as soon as possible at sgambetteralibrary@mac.com. I will need your title, a 300-word abstract, and CV by April 20, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment