This job is in New Jersey - but looks like a good job for the right person. Many of you wouldn't have the five years of requested experience - but a number of you might, and you can certainly count your assistantship experience here.
Archivist - IEEE (Piscataway, New Jersey, U.S.)
ArchivistIEEE is the world’s leading professional association for the
advancement of technology. Our core purpose is to foster
technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
Our 1000-member staff serves 375,000+ members in 160 countries. Among
the career disciplines on our staff are publishing and product
management, intellectual property sales, marketing and
communications, information technology and business administration,
government relations and human resources, educational activities and
technical standards, and membership development and support.
Through the dedication of our members, we’re proud to be the world’s
leading authority in technical areas, and want to add you to our
success story! We are seeking an Archivist in our History Center in
* Maintain the IEEE Archives (institutional records with additional
images and other historical material).
* Work with other IEEE staff to develop and carry out archival policy.
* Manage the IEEE Oral History program (including cooperation with
IEEE.tv in producing interview-based programming).
* Maintain the web pages on the IEEE web site relating to IEEE
history and to the activities of the History Center and serves as the
liaison with IEEE IT to support History Center information systems.
* Research and produce scholarly and outreach material on IEEE
history, and respond to public requests for information
* Assist the Staff Director in supporting volunteer activity and
developing and maintaining volunteer relationships.
* Carry out other special projects as needed.
* College degree required, major in history or related field preferred.
* Advanced degree desirable, preferably in history, library science,
or related field.
* Requires knowledge of standard archival procedures (knowledge of
material culture curation useful, but not required).
* Requires at least five years of archival experience, preferably in
a research setting, or else other related research experience.
* Knowledge of current and emerging information technologies, and
understanding of their potential implications and opportunities for
archival cataloging, reference, research, and public outreach are
* Must have excellent organizational skill and be able to handle
multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
* Writing and editing skills also important.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) plan
with company match, pension, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending
accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress
code. Please apply online by going to this
URL: https:// home.eease.com/recruit2/?id=38746
Only those resumes that go through
the URL from the web address will be considered. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our
Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Constance B. Schulz
Professor of History