For the next school year, LISSA will have a collection box in Davis Room 110. I will periodically drop off requested items to Drusilla or she will pick them up when she is in town..
Here is what has been requested:
- Boys Underwear (new) -- all sizes
- Socks (new) -- all sizes
- Blue Ink Pins
- Scarfs or Bandannas
- Hair Ribbons (or any hair pins, ornaments)
- Matchbox cars
These kids haven't had too many breaks in life. If sometime from now to the next school year you can drop some of these items off, it would be very much appreciated.
When I first put this message out on the listservs this summer, a number of distance ed students asked me if they could send money. Check donations can be made to either:
- "St. Mary's Episcopal Church" (for education sponsorship donations, to give money to pay for the kids to go to the school)
- PLEASE NOTE: Donors should write " Children's Education Fund" in the memo section of the check.
- "Mission Aviation Fellowship" (to by supplies for the school, whatever is most needed)
- PLEASE NOTE: Donors should write " Ministries" in the memo section of the check.
Thanks to everyone who has given so far. The box is full right now, and we will keep this up at least for this school year. We also plan to do a few more days of card catalog making this semester, so we will keep you posted.