Temporary, Part-Time (16-20 hrs per week for 6 weeks)
Job Location: The State Newspaper Library, 1401 Shop Road, Columbia
Work Days and Hours: Negotiable
Pay: $8 per hour
1. Type 45 wpm
2. Able to work with minimal supervision
3. Familiar with database creation and use
Description of Duties:
1. Learn how to use portions of the xtPDF extraction program and the
SAVE newspaper library system.
2. Access and verify that the complete text of The State newspaper is
available in the online database.
3. Make corrections to the database where necessary.
4. Report problems with the database to the newspaper librarian.
5. Other duties as needed.
If interested, contact Lee Hemphill:
P.O. Box 1333
Columbia, S.C. 29202
Telephone (803) 771-8438
Fax (803) 771-8430