BRASS Thompson Financial Student Travel Award
The BRASS Thompson Financial Student Travel Award would like to encourage library school student’s to apply for this year’s award to travel to the American Libraries Association’s annual conference, which will be held in Anaheim, CA June 26-July 2, 2008. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
· The recipient shall have a demonstrated interest in pursuing a career as a business reference librarian and the potential to be a leader in the profession. This may be demonstrated by: course work, internship, practicum, jobs, special projects, publications and related activities.
· The recipient should be a student in an ALA accredited library school.
· The recipient has not been awarded a previous or concurrent ALA sponsored travel award.
· Student must be willing to participate in BRASS activities at the ALA Conference for which the award has been made and write a short statement following the conference on his or her experience to be published in RUSA Update.
Nomination of Candidates
Applications for nominations are to be made in writing via email to the Chair of the committee, (Tina.Adams@nau.edu) The applicants will be evaluated by the BRASS committee on the basis of their written applications, references, academic merit, and potential for leadership in the profession. stating in detail the contributions of the individual. Applications are due to the Chair by December 1 or the due date as specified of other ALA awards that year.
Presentation of the Award
Formal announcement and presentation of the award shall be made at the BRASS membership meeting at each ALA Annual Conference.
Form and/or Type of Award
· Cash award of $1,000 for travel expenses incurred at the ALA Annual Conference which would include a one-year membership to ALA/RUSA/BRASS if the recipient is not already a member.
· The recipient of the award will be formally invited by the Chair of BRASS to attend BRASS Executive Committee meetings and other BRASS activities.
SEND NOMINATIONS TO:Tina M. AdamsChair, BRASS Thomson Financial Student Travel Award CommitteeCline LibraryNorthern Arizona UniversityPO Box 6022Flagstaff, AZ 86011Tina.Adams@nau.edu(928) 523-6849